The Holidays are here. Sweets abound. We know you want to give your kids, grand kids, nieces, and nephews everything they deserve. They don’t, however, deserve cavities.
- Stuff stockings with toothbrushes, floss aids, and cute water bottles.
- Put a waterpik Water Flosser under the tree.
- Consider a power toothbrush – Oral B, Sonicare, Quip as a gift for the kids
We can’t stop kids from eating sweets. but we can encourage them to:
- Drink water
- Swish spit (or swallow) after consuming sweets
- Snack on healthy foods – nuts, veges, fruit, white cheese
- Have sugar-free gum on hand for after snack times when brushing and flossing is not possible
Tips on having handy healthy snacks available may include:
- Preparing celery sticks, carrot sticks, fruit into pieces and having them in small bags in the refrigerator where the kids can easily gram them.
- Buying nuts in bulk and putting them in small containers for kids to grab on the go
- Cutting white cheese (known to protect teeth from tooth decay) into small squares and placing in a container or bag for kids to grab.
Health teeth. Health body. Healthy Holiday Season.
You can also click here to read a Centers for Disease Control article about children’s oral health.